If you have yet to use a service force to clean your house, you are most likely not familiar with the duties of a house cleaner. This lack of familiarity sometimes causes arguments between the service force and the employer. For this purpose, we decided to explain a house cleaner’s duties.
Using the list below, you will know what to expect from a cleaner and what is not considered everyday duties. Consider this article as a checklist and refer to it if needed.
Cleaning the bedroom, hall, reception, and common areas
Cleaning the rooms is one of the essential duties of every house cleaner. The same things we expect from every cleaner should be observed in this section. When it comes to cleaning the rooms, these things should be done:
1) Dusting all accessible surfaces;
2) Cleaning mirrors and glasses;
3) Cleaning and mopping the floors of all rooms;
4) Removal of waste and recycled materials.
Toilet and bathroom cleaning
This part is one of the most sensitive parts of every house. Observance of hygiene points is one of the necessities of the bathroom and toilet, and the dirtiness of these two environments can cause the spread of pollution in the home environment.
A house cleaner is expected to perform the following tasks with great care and to avoid skimping on the job if they see minor items outside the list.
1) Washing and disinfecting the toilet bowl, sink, shower, and bathtub;
2) Cleaning and using anti-seize on floor and wall tiles;
3) Cleaning all mirrors and glasses;
4) Washing and polishing faucets;
5) Dusting all accessible surfaces;
6) Cleaning the trash can and removing contaminated materials.
Cleaning the kitchen
The kitchen is the heart of every home; Because the food of the house and family members is prepared in it. The food preparation environment’s cleanliness will affect the final fare’s cleanliness.
Due to the constant use of water in the kitchen environment, the possibility of fungus and bacteria growth is high. For these reasons, the house cleaner should pay special attention to cleaning the kitchen and take time to clean its place. The house cleaner should pay attention to these points in the kitchen:
1) Cleaning the kitchen sink, emptying the sink, and transferring dirty dishes to the dishwasher (if any)
2) Degreasing and cleaning the outer surface of the gas stove, oven, and microwave
3) Cleaning the surface of the hood and cabinet
4) Cleaning the external surface of the refrigerator
5) Dusting of all spaces of access levels
6) Cleaning all floor surfaces
7) Removal of waste and recycled materials
Cleaning other parts (according to the customer’s request)
To complete the cleaning work and have a house like a bouquet, the following tasks can be requested from the house cleaner. Note that these tasks are usually added to the cleaning tasks as selectable options, and with each of them, the final cost of house cleaning is added.
1) Washing washable walls
2) Irrigation of the garden and decorative plants
3) Cleaning the external surfaces of the windows
4) Replacing and repairing parts (lamps, filters, etc.)
5) partial or total removal of stains from the wall, floor, and flooring
6) Spraying, detoxification, and pest control